Our firm represents clients involved in large scale industrial, commercial and residential projects throughout New York State, especially in NYC and the surrounding Boroughs, and our practice areas include but are not limited to:
- Construction Law – New York Construction Law, New York City Administrative Code, New York State Codes, Rules and Regulations (NYCRR) and Federal Regulations;
- Regulatory Agencies – engaging with Federal, State and local agencies including, OSHA, NYSDOT, NYSDOL, NYCDOB, NYCDOT, NYCDOF and the NYC Environmental Control Board;
- Contracts – draft, negotiate, review and enforce all prime construction contracts and sub-contractor agreements; issue resolution, breach of contract, warranty and termination issues;
- Litigation – issue and dispute resolution including all aspects of mediation, arbitration, appeals, hearings, litigation, and other statutory remedies;
- Related Professional Services – facilitating applications, licenses and permits; zoning and variance issues; abatement of violations and fine reduction related to NY Construction Laws and NYC Construction Codes, especially ECB, DOT and DOB;
- Advocacy – engaging with public and private stakeholders including chambers of commerce, community boards, advocacy groups and coalitions;
- Procurement – research and bid analysis, preparation of bid documents i.e.: RFP’s, RFQ’s, NIB’s, ITB’s, bid tracking and project advocacy;
- Insurance – dealing with stakeholders on insurance coverage, analysis, claims negotiations and settlements;
- Bonds and Surety – analysis of bonds and surety documents, negotiations and issue resolution related to contract(s) performance issues;
- Environmental – analysis and issue resolution, engaging with appropriate regulatory agencies and other public and private stakeholders;
- Payment Disputes – analysis of current Labor Law and General Business Law, issue resolution including Prompt Pay Act (PPA) actions; and
- Employment Law and Labor Relations – analysis of Federal, State and Local Labor Laws, issue resolution of employment issues.
Our clients benefit from our extensive experience on a wide range of construction projects in both the public and private sectors, including:
- Government Buildings
- Office Buildings and Complexes
- Bridges, Roadways and Tunnels
- Schools and Universities
- Hospitals and Medical Centers
- Hotels and Hospitality-Industry Projects
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Residential Communities
Our commitment to the construction industry includes significant involvement with many industry-related associations. Our firms relationships with these associations and other industry leaders affords us the opportunity to substantively contribute to the ongoing evolution of industry laws, codes and standards to the benefit of our clients.
Gerstman Schwartz & Malito, LLP has a proven track record and our clients have come to depend on us when they need the services of a New York Construction Law Firm that understands the intricacies of the construction industry and the nuances associated with assisting our clients to achieve their project goals.